It is important to have some particular standards in our day-to-day life. They act as the backbone for our civilization, guarantee safety, and eminence of services and products. They also facilitate international employment and help in improving our living environment. Agreement to these standards helps customers to reassure that services, products, and organizations are safe, trustworthy and excellent for the environment.
These standards which are set are nothing but strategic tools and procedure, in order to help organisations deal with some of the largely demanding challenges in modern days of business. They guarantee that the business operations undertaken by few organisations are efficient and also help to increase their productivity. They help companies to access new markets.
Benefit for businesses
There are various benefits for businesses when they follow standards:
• They help to reduce cost, through various improved processes and systems.
• They enhance customer satisfaction by providing improved safety, processes and quality.
• They help organizations and companies to access various new markets by ensuring the compatibility of goods and services.
• They help to minimize the impact of a few products on the living environment.
Benefit for consumers
Other than organisations, these standards also have benefits which can be utilised by the consumers. There are more than 21000 standards which help consumers to improve their living standards.
When the goods and services match to such standards, consumers gain confidence that the products are reliable and safe. For instance, standards for toy safety, road safety are a selection of those standards that help in making this world a better place to live in. The standards maintained on water, air and soil quality and also on emissions of various gases and radiations contribute to the efforts to protect the environment and the wellbeing of the citizens.
For government bodies
Other than organizations and consumers, the standards also play an important role for the government. They act as global expertise and are a fundamental resource for the government while developing public policy. National governments make use of these standards to maintain public policy, which has various benefits such as:
• To get an expert opinion – By incorporating these standards into national policies, a government can have an advantage of the opinion of experts without having to call the service authority directly.